You want to buy a house. I want to help.
Whether you’re a first time home buyer or you’ve blazed this trail before, my nontraditional real estate project management approach provides the level of support you need to make informed real estate decisions, with no hint of sales pressure, at no cost to you.*
Since every buyer’s project is individual, their home buying process will be as distinctive, but if you’re working with Moxie, most likely it’ll go something like this . . .
- We’ll meet casually to get a feel for each other–for you to ask me questions and for me to find out what you’re looking for in a home and your timeline
- I’ll explain why you need to be preapproved before you begin touring available properties and I’ll recommend reliable non-pushy lenders if needed
- I’ll set you up with your own map-based search site so that you can monitor daily market activity and run your own searches in real time (just like I do)
- We’ll tour promising listings together. I’ll learn what the specific pros and cons are from your perspective and I’ll point out what they are from mine
- As I get a sense of what you really value in a home, I’ll keep a sharp eye out for new listings that fit your criteria and give you an immediate heads’ up, often previewing new properties for you to save you the time
- When we find a house that makes your heart race, I’ll guide you through writing a winning offer–providing the information you need to determine what price and terms are in your best interest
- I’ll watch your back through negotiations, inspections, deadlines, contingencies, financing issues, and closing
Contact Colleen to get your project started.
See the Oregon Association of Realtors Oregon Property Buyer Advisory for information regarding the purchase of real property in the state of Oregon.
*So how do buyers agents get paid? In a nutshell: buyers agents (also called the “selling agent”) are paid by the seller via the listing agent (or the “sellers agent”). In other words, the seller has agreed to pay a certain percentage of the sales price to their own agent upon the sale of their home. When the listing is entered into the RMLS, the listing agent agrees to share their commission with the buyer’s agent (usually offering the buyer’s agent 2.5-3% of the sales price). If you’re interested in a FSBO (a home For Sale By Owner) or a property listed by a cut-rate limited representation broker, I may still be able to represent you cost-free in the transaction, but we need to talk.